The Waterlily Rib Cage Embroidery Embroidery Kit is designed by me and is suitable for patient beginners or more advanced embroiderers. This kit is inspired by the book L'écume des jours (the foam of the days) by Boris Vian in which Chloé (one of the protagonist) has got a waterlily growing in her lungs. This Kit is part of the Collection Anatomy & Botanic. You can choose to buy the full embroidery kit (see below) or just the printed fabric with the pattern and the tutorial. Click for examples of kits and printed fabrics.
- an embroidery needle,
- black embroidery floss,
- three shades of pink embroidery floss (colors may vary a bit from pictures),
- metallic embroidery thread,
- mustard cotton or unbleached calico with the pattern printed over it (you will just have to follow the lines...),
- a good quality (made in the UK) 6 inches (15 cm) wooden embroidery hoop. This hoop can also be used as a frame, and be painted or just left natural,
- an instructions sheet in English with all the information you will need and
- embroidery scissors (optional).
The finished embroidery will measure 6 inches in diameter.
You can either buy scissors or thread snips when ordering. Click here for pictures.
Design by VintageMadbyM. Do not copy or resell